What Should I Ask For In A Divorce Settlement?
The Divorce Petition
The claims that you can make in the event of the breakdown of the marriage are as follows:
- A claim for spousal maintenance.
- A claim for maintenance in respect of the children.
- A claim for a lump sum.
- A claim in respect of the family home (or any other property which is owned by either one or both of the parties to the marriage).
- A claim in respect of your spouse’s pension.
- A claim in respect of any trusts or settlements in respect of which your spouse has an interest.
- A claim that your spouse should contribute towards or pay the bulk of your legal costs.
These claims are included at the end of your Divorce Petition.
Looking for more information on Financial Settlements? Please contact us and our team will do their best to advise you about your rights.